I’m starting to see why so many blogs get started and end within moments of their inception. I’ve posted once and now have some serious writer’s block.
Stupid blank page. So intimidating.
I think what I’m going do is strive to write not only when things strike me as interesting. Because when you think about it, anything can be interesting really, it just depends on how you look at it; just seeing how someone else looks at something can have some spark of interest. At least, that’s what I’m going to tell myself. As in, you are all interested in what I think and what I’m saying because I'm not you. Yes, that sounds good, let’s go with that.
I’ve just finished editing a poem I wrote last week and I thought I would post it. I’m trying to write-outside-the-box as in, writing things other than sappy love poems (my poor girlfriend …) so this is one of several recent attempts at alternative subject matter. I think I like it. Tell me what you think.
Overstimulated
I crave silence
like food;
I need it to cover me,
truss me up,
make the world
a still void.
I clench my jaw,
my eyes dart
herethere
and back again
as I search for some way to
mentally exit,
free the tether,
run away.
Too many lights and sounds
produce lethargy
in me,
like a coldblooded creature
bound in snow.
Deliverance comes
in warmth,
softandfuzzy,
baked, boiled, or breathing,
in my tummy,
against my back,
touching my thigh
tying me
to oblivion,
welcome
in sleep and dreams.
No comments:
Post a Comment